Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.

- H. P. Lovecraft

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Native Instruments Komplete 6

I knew it was coming. Native Instruments has announced Komplete 6, which is as they claim the best value ever as far as the Komplete bundle is concerned.

I'm pretty much ready to line up for this one, if for only the Absynth 5 update. I pretty much swear by Absynth 3 for my basslines, and I've used A4 for a lot of ethereal sounds, so I'm curious to see what they do with this one. Also, I think Absynth is the only product they have that's not built on Reaktor. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm just sayin'.

As far as Kontakt 4 and Guitar Rig 4, I'm not as excited. I'm sure they've done amazing things to those two applications, but I don't use them much. Just GR for some send effects through Live, which has actually been a great thing. OK, yeah, I should be more excited for GR4. And as far as my lack of enthusiasm for the next version of Kontakt, I plead ignorance.

So yeah, here we go. And for the suggested upgrade price of $169 (US, which isn't worth shit these days but it's alls we gots), that's a fantastic investment.

No comments: