Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.

- H. P. Lovecraft

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Mesa Studio

I've been working in a studio at Mesa recently, and I have to say that it's actually pretty decent. I'm not big on Macs, nor am I very impressed with ProTools itself, but it's nice to work with a different platform. It's also really nice to finally have some validation on the stuff I've been doing in the studio for the last eight years. Also, it's nice to work with a Mackie board. It's got some nice features.

There have been a few moments in lecture where I've thought, "Ah ha! So that's what that is!!" Although those moments are few and far between these days. I think I learned more at the very beginning of the class and I'm learning less and less as time progresses. I guess that's ok. The one class I missed was all about electricity and how it travels, I really wish I would have been there for that one, but I think the prof did a good summary of that class at the beginning of the next one.

We finished our first project, a cartoon, complete with dialog. We didn't have a lot of time to add music, so it's pretty sparse on that front, but I'll post it here when I get a copy of it next week.

I'm excited for the next projects, both individual free-form, except that one has to use only Digital Performer 4 (and sound modules). Not sure what I'll do yet, but you can bet I'll post the final product here when it's ready.

No comments: